CYBER-DETECT is committed to protecting your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will be happy to assist you.
Table of contents
- Definitions used in this policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect about you?
- How do we use your personal data?
- Who else has access to your personal data?
- How do you secure your data?
- Cookie information
- Contact information
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations that is performed on personal data or sets of personal data.
Data Subject– a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
We / us (capitalized or not) – CYBER-DETECT
Data protection principles
We are committed to the following data protection principles:
- The processing is legal, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have legitimate reasons. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information about the processing on request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Our processing activities correspond to the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- Processing is carried out with a minimum of data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data required for any purpose. Processing is limited in time. We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary.
- We will ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
Rights of the concerned person
The data subject may exercice his/her rights:
- Right to information – which means that you have the right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is being collected, where it comes from and why and by whom it is being processed.
- Right of access – this means that you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your collected personal data.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of deletion – under certain circumstances, you may request that your personal data be deleted from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. You can exercise this right whenever there is a result of profiling that produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to complain – in the event that we deny your request under your access rights, we will provide you with a reason why this is not possible. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right to assistance from the supervisory authority (CNIL) – means that you have the right to assistance from a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as claiming damages & interest.
- Right to withdraw your consent – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
Data we collect:
Informations you have provided to us
This may include your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc., primarily information needed to deliver a product/service to you or to enhance your customer experience with us. We store the information you provide to us so that you can, for example, comment or perform other activities on our website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, e-mail, user ID, etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or view content on our website, your activities may be recorded.
Information from our partners
If we need to collect information from our trusted partners, we will do so with confirmation that they have a legal reason to share that information with us. This may be either information you have provided to them directly or information they have collected about you for other legal reasons.
Publicly available information
If necessary we may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
- to bring you our best service, but also to simply communicate and interact with you, sometimes informing you of changes to our services
- improve your customer/user experience
- fulfill a legal or contractual obligation
We use your personal data for legitimate purposes and/or with your consent.
Due to the conclusion of a contract or the performance of contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- provide you with a service or send you/ offer you a product
- communicante with you either for sales or billing purposes
On the basis of a legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes :
- administer and analyze our customers (purchase behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of our services
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys
Until you inform us otherwise, we will continue to do so.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- send you newsletters and campaign offers from us only
- for other purposes, we have asked for your consent to process your briefing, contact, application, training requests…
We process your personal data in order to fulfill the obligations arising from the law and/or use your personal data for the options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize personal data collected and to use such data. We will not use data outside the scope of this policy unless it is anonymized. We retain your billing and other information collected about you for as long as necessary for accounting purposes or other obligations under the law.
We may process your personal data for other purposes not listed here, but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between the purposes, content and nature of the personal data is appropriate for further processing
- further Processing would not adverse affect your interests
- that there would be an appropriate backup for the treatment.
We will inform you of any further processing and its purpose.
Who else can access your personal data
We do not share your personal information with outside entities. In some cases, personal data about you is provided to our trusted partners to enable us to provide you with the best possible service or to improve your customer experience. We may share your data with our freelancers, our financial partners, our third party partners.
We take care to work only with processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data. We only disclose your personal data to third parties when we are legally required to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented or if there are other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to protect your personal data. We use secure protocols for communication and data transfer (such as HTTPS). We use anonymization and pseudonymization where appropriate. We monitor our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks. Our computer systems are protected (firewall, antivirus) and updated regularly (security updates, system, software…). Regular maintenance operations are in place to anticipate possible problems.
We are committed to informing the appropriate authorities of data breaches and to ensuring the security of the information. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything reasonably possible to prevent security breaches and assist authorities in the event of a breach.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are necessary for you to use certain important features on our website, such as logging in (if applicable). These cookies do not collect any personal information
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide features that make using our service more convenient and may allow for more personalized features. For example, they may remember your name and email address in comment forms. This means you don’t have to re-enter that information the next time you comment
- Analytical cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to serve ads relevant to you and your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an ad. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the permission of the website operator. These cookies “remember” that you have visited a website and that this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies will be tied to site features provided by another company
You can delete cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. You can also control certain third-party cookies by using a privacy-enhancing platform. For more information on cookies, visit cnil.fr
In terms of third party services/cookies we use:
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics tracking more broadly, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Data Protection Officer (DPO) Contact
The last modification was made on November 19, 2021.